Born in 1980 in Cleveland Ohio, USA
Lives and works in New York, USA
SOLO SHOWS :
- Reach Ruin, Fabric Workshop and Museum, Philadelphia, USA
- Galerie Perrotin, Paris, France
- The fall, the ball and the wall, OHWOW Gallery, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Commemorative Marker, in collaboration with Snarkitecture, Marlins Ballpark, Miami, FL, USA
- Set design for Merce Cunningham Dance Company's last performances, Park Avenue Armory, New York, NY, USA
- Dig, in collaboration with OHWOW Gallery and Galerie Perrotin, Store Front for Art and Architecture, New York, NY, USA
- Alter, Galerie Emmanuel Perrotin, Miami, FL, USA
- Animal Architecture, Galerie Emmanuel Perrotin, Paris, France
- Ron Mandos Gallery's booth, Artbrussels, Belgium
- Avalanche, set design for the performance of Merce Cunningham's company at Adrienne Arscht Center, Miami, FL, USA
- Set design for Merce Cunningham Dance Company's Paris Performances, France
- Beacon/Miami at Bank of America tower, Miami Art Museum, Miami, FL, USA
- The Undoing, Galerie Perrotin, Miami, FL, USA
- Playground, Galerie Perrotin, Paris, France
- Something Light, Ron Mandos Gallery, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Playground, Gertrude Street, Melbourne, Australia
- Merce Cunningham: Dancing on the Cutting Edge Part II, MOCA at Goldman Warehouse, Miami, FL, USA
- eyeSpace, a collaboration with Merce Cunningham, The Miami Performing Arts Center, Miami, FL, USA
- Building Schmuilding, Galerie Perrotin, Miami, FL, USA
- Solo show in the booth of the Galerie Perrotin, Frieze Art Fair, London, UK
- Homesick, Galerie Emmanuel Perrotin, Paris
GROUP EXHIBITIONS :
- Next Wave Art, Brooklyn Academy of Music, Brooklyn, USA
- Curtain, performance in collaboration with Jonah Bokaer, Festival d'Avignon, France
- Curtain, performance in collaboration with Jonah Bokaer, Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival, Massachussets, USA
- I'm Over Here Now, Richmond Center for the Visual Arts, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, USA
- CELEBRATION/ Rêves de nature, LUX, Valence, France
- Recess / Why Patterns, performance in collaboration with Jonah Bokaer & Snarkitecture, Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Miami
- Légèreté ?, Maison Particuliere, Brussels
- RECESS, set design and performance, in collaboration with Jonah Bokaer, Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival, MA, USA
- Why Patterns, set design in collaboration with Snarkitecture, Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival, MA, USA
- It Ain't Fair: Materialism, OHWOW Gallery, Miami, FL, USA
- Flash: Light, Festival of Ideas for the New City, New Museum, New York, NY, USA
- The Past is a Grotesque Animal, In Extenso, Clermont-Ferrand, France
- Solo show on the booth of Ron Mandos Gallery, Armory Show, New York, NY, USA
- Look Again, Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art (SECCA), Winston Salem, NC, USA
- The Maginot Line, David Castillo Gallery, Miami, FL, USA
- It Ain't Fair 2010, OHWOW Gallery, Miami, FL, USA
- Memories of the Future, Sean Kelly Gallery, New York, NY, USA
- REPLICA, set design and performance, MOCA, Miami, FL, USA
- REPLICA, set design and performance, Musée d'Art Contemporain, Marseille, France
- REPLICA, setd esign and performance, Hellenic Festival, Athens, Greece
- Why Patterns, set design in collaboration with Snarkitecture, Rotterdamse Shouwburg, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Projections, Carré d'art de Nîmes, Nîmes, France
- Heaven, 2nd Athens Biennale, Athens, Greece
- Painting the Glass House: Artists Revisit Modern Architecture, curated by Jessica Hough & Monica R. Montagut, Mills College Art Museum, Oakland, CA, USA
- On From Here, Guild and Greyshkul, New York, NY, USA
- Luna Park, Alejandra von Hartz Gallery, Miami, FL, USA
- Quand je serais grand, Galerie Jeanroch Dard, Paris, France
- Wall Erosion Arch, booth of Galerie Perrotin, FIAC, Paris, France
- REPLICA, performance at IVAM in Frontiers of Time, curated by Bob Wilson, Valencia, Spain
- REPLICA, performance, New Museum, New York, NY, USA
- The Fireplace project, East Hampton, NY, USA
- Thoughts on Democracy: Reintereriting Norman Rockwell's 'Four Freedoms' Posters, The Wolfsonian-FIU, Miami Beach, FL, USA
- Reunion, The Fireplace Project, East Hampton, NY, USA
- Painting the Glass House: Artists Revisit Modern Architecture, curatored by Jessica Hough & Monica R. Montagut, Yale School for Architecture Gallery, New Haven, CT, USA
- Painting the Glass House: Artists Revisit Modern Architecture, curated by Jessica Hough & Monica R. Montagut, The Aldrich Museum, Ridgefield, CT, USA
- Guild, curated by Daniel Arsham, Galerie Perrotin, Miami, FL, USA
- Fresh!, The Museum Of Glass, Seattle, WA, USA
- Miami in Transition, Miami Art Museum, Miami, FL, USA
- Greater New York, P.S.1 Museum of Contemporary Art, Long Island, NY, USA
- Wanderlust, Julia Friedman Gallery, New York, NY, USA
- Miami Nice, Galerie Perrotin, Paris, France
- In Advance of a Broken Heart, (As part of SALT), The Wolfsonian Museum, Miami, FL, USA
- Obituary, Placemaker, Miami, FL, USA
- In Situ, The Museum of Contemporary Art, Miami, FL, USA
- Ten Times the Space Between Night and Day, Guild and Greyshkul, New York, NY, USA
- I am the Resurrection, Locust Projects, Miami, FL, USA
- Remote Control, M&M Proyectos, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Ever, Placemaker, Miami, FL, USA
- Customized, Rocket Projects, Miami, FL, USA
- Untitled, (A Sentimental Education), Fredric Snitzer Gallery, Miami, FL, USA
- Kiss Me Quick Before I Change my Mind, The House, Miami, FL, USA
- Meta, The House, Miami, FL, USA
- NO SHOW, Fredric Snitzer Gallery, Coral Gables, FL, USA
- 15/Caliber, Barbara Gillman Gallery, Miami, FL, USA
- Miami in Manhattan, Wooster Projects, New York, NY, USA
- The House at MoCA, curated by Bonnie Clearwater, The Museum of Contemporary Art, Miami, FL, USA
- The Sears Building, curated by Robert Chambers, The House, Miami, FL, USA
- Special Projects, Art in General, New York, NY, USA
- Time in Space, The House, Miami, FL, USA
-LOOS, Ted, Cunningham Fostered Serendipity in Set Design, The New York Times, December 28
-REED HAGUE, James, Take a Bow (..), Vogue Daily, December 19
-ASC, Cosmic Connection, Interview Magazine, December 2011/ January 2012, p.60.
-MILLER, Leigh Anne, Daniel Arsham Sets Up Merce Cunninghams Last, Art in America, December 29
-BOISSEAU, Rosita, Merce Cunningham : salut a sa compagnie, Le Monde, December 15, page 29
-Speak Out, Dazed and Confused Korea, p.23
-CORBETT, R, Daniel Arsham For Merce Cunningham Finale, Artnet.com, December 12.
-RABINOVITCH, Simona, Visual artist Daniel Arsham created cloud-inspired décor for Merce Cunningham Dance Companys final performance, Macleans.com, December 23.
-Front cover of MIAMI, December 2011
-Front cover of DEATH Magazine, Issue 4, November 2011.
-CONLEY, Kevin, Point Finale, Town and Country, December 2011. P44
-WOLFF, Rachel, An OhWow Artists send-off to Merce Cunningham, DETAILS, December 2011- January 2012, p62.
-MASSON, Geraldyne, Daniel Arsham, Architecte de limaginaire, Clark Magazine, issue 51, pp.64-66.
-ROSENFELD, Jeannie, A Collection in Flux, Art in America, November 2011,
-SHEETS, Hilarie M., Backdrops, Blobs, Pods, and Props, ARTnews, November 2011, volume 110/Number 10, pp.104-108
-ALLEN, Emma, Merce Cunningham Remembered by His Collaborators, Modern Painters, November 2011.
-Elastic Walls Daniel Arsham, Intoform, September 14, 2011.
-Pixel Clouds and ping pong balls Daniel Arsham, Intoform, September 13, 2011.
-MOKOENA, Tshepo, Daniel Arsham, Dont Panic, September 26th, 2011.
-IMPERATORE, Tara, Dior and Artist Daniel Arsham Collaborate on Special Window Display, JustLuxe, September 16th 2011.
-Christian Dior, Daniel Arsham Partner on Window Project, WWD, September 14th
-RYZIK, Melena, Designer Names for Final Cunningham Performances, ArtsBeat/The New York Times, August 10th, 2011.
-RUSSETH, Andrew, Artist Daniel Arsham Will Design Décor for Merce Cunningham Dance Companys Final Performances, New York Observer, August 10th, 2011.
-GETTO, Erica, Young Artist Selected for Cunningham Finale Set Design, Culture WNYC.org, August 10th, 2011.
-PALEY, Martin, Daniel Arsham Explores Space in a Formless World, art nouveau, September 2011.
-ZARA, Janelie, Artist Daniel Arsham to Create the Merce Cunningham Dance Companys Final Set With His iPhone, artinfo.com, August 10th, 2011.
-DUTRA, Robyn, Daniel Arsham, Corduroy, Issue VIII, pp 6; 15-22.
-ESPEJO, Roman, Why Patterns, Cool Hunting, July 26th 2011.
-WEINSTEIN, Tresca, Choregraphers new work mixes dancers and 5,000 ping-pong balls, Albany TimesUnion, July 31st 2011.
-Dance Prodigy Jonah Bokaer to Premiere Two Works at Jacobs Pillow, The Advocate, August 3rd 2011.
-Out with Jonah Boaker and Ted Shawn, The Berkshire Eagle, August 4th 2011.
-HOCHSTEIN, Bess J.M, Jonah Bokaer: School at Jacobs Pillow Alum Returns with Two U.S Premieres, Rural Intelligence, August 5th 2011.
-JOWITT, Deborah, What Shape Are You In?, ArtsJournal, August 8th 2011.
-LABARRE, Suzanne, A Dance Performance Amid Countless Bouncing Ping-Pong Balls, Fast Co. Design, August 8th, 2011.
-ANDERSON, Jack, The Week Ahead, The New York Times, July 28th 2011.
-GOODMAN, Wendy, Space of the week: Two Men, 25,000 Ping-Pong Balls, and a rabbit, New York Magazine, January 19th, 2011.
-Discovery Unexpected, A+A Magazine, May 2011, pp.116-121.
-Future Classics, Glass Magazine, Summer 2011, pp.12-16.
-ESPEJO, Roman, Snarkitecture/The Shape of Things To Come, The Pop Manifesto, Issue 08, Summer 2011.
-Collaborative Effects: Snarkitecture, The Cooper Union, Summer 2011.
-ZEIGER, Mimi, 2011 Emerging Talent, Architect, July 14th 2011.
-LEE, Ricky, Art Talks. Architect and artist Daniel Arsham, Another, April 19th 2011
-Your Perfect Week-end, Time Out New York, April 21 2011
-PARAFIANOWICZ, Lydia, Dig by Daniel Arsham + Snarkitecture, Frame, February 25th, 2011.
-PARAFIANOWICZ, Lydia, Dig (update by Daniel Arsham + Snarkitecture, Frame, April 1st 2011.
-The G in DIG, Domus, April 12th, 2011.
-The Best Bet, New York Magazine, April 18th 2011 ,p.47.
-BARKER, Elizabeth, Dig, Whitewall, April 11, 2011.
-DIG at Storefront in New York, Domus, March 1st, 2011.
-Daniel Arsham/Snarkitecture : dig, Designboom, March 31st 2011.
-MORENO, Shonquis, Snark Busters, Frame, March/April 2011, pp.99-109.
-BAILEY, Spencer, Its Okay to Touch. Snark Attack- Interview, Surface, no87,April 2011, pp.68-77.
-MAGGART, Rachel A, DIG, Planet, April 6th 2011.
-KEITH, Kelsey, Dig into Storefront, Architizer, April 7, 2011
-ALLEN, Emma, Daniel Arsham, Modern Painters, December/January 2010.
-BENISTY, Steve, Daniel Arsham : The Artist, Whitewall, Issue 17, Spring 2010, pp. 82-83.
-VILADAS, Pilar, The Imaginarium of Mr.Arsham, The New York Times Style Magazine, March 2010, p.78.
-KHEMSUROV, Monica, My favorite room : Daniel Arsham, W, December 2010.
-HRUSKA, Jordan, Six questions for Daniel Arsham and architect Alex Mustonen, Vogue Italia, October 2010.
-ZHONG, Fan, Richard Chai Sets Up Under the High Line, W Magazine, October 22nd, 2010.
-JAFFE, Tali, Mad Men, Cultured, 2010, p.83.
-GARTENFELD, Alex, Young N.Y Architecture Showcase, Pin-Up, Issue 7, fall/Winter 2010, p.49.
-FRANKLIN, Paul B., Daniel Arsham- Emmanuel Perrotin, Art in America , n06, June/July 2010, p.171
-Animal Architecture, Wallpaper, March 2010, p.51.
-Illustrations of Replica, Issues, Volume XXVI, no2, Winter 2010, pp 7-17.
-PINTER, Dave, Retail Interior as Sculpture : Richard Chai + Snarkitecture NYC Popup Store, PSFK, October 22nd, 2010.
-PASK, Bruce, The Ice Age, T Magazine, October 21st, 2010.
-LABARRE, Suzanne, Snarkitecture Creates Styrofoam Ice Cave for Fashion It-Boy Richard Chai, Fast Company Design, October 22, 2010.
-SHIA, Jonathan, Richards Glacial Cavern, The Last Magazine, October 26th 2010.
-GROSS, Jaime, Shipping Container Retail Design, Dwell, October 2nd, 2010.
-GORSCHE, Jennifer, Building Fashion at HL23 by Richard Chai + Snarkitecture, The Architects Newspaper, October 22nd 2010.
-PAGLIACOLO, Elizabeth, 2010 in Review :Hits and Misses Daniel Arshams dynamic sets, Azure, December 14th, 2010.
-Art Basel Miami Beach, Maru, vol. 106, p.43.
-Daniel Arsham. Animal Architecture, The Paris Magazine, Issue 4, June 2010, Paris, France. Pp 132-141.
-CARNICK, Anna, Project
I Lavori di Daniel Arsham, Casa Vogue, no33, April 2010, p8.
-MAERZ, Melissa, Building code, Nylon Guys Magazine, May 2010.
-TSCHIDA, Anne, Creative Pitch, Miami, March/April 2010, p.70.
-KEITH, Kelsey, Daily Dose Pick : Daniel Arsham, FlavorWire, March 17th, 2010.
-Artist Daniel Arsham/Snarkitecture Wins Two Major Commissions for New Miami Marlins Ballpark, Bustler, January 13th, 2010.
-Outside of the Box, Go, March/April 2010, pp. 60-63.
-ARTNET NEWS Art Commissions For Florida Ballpark, Artnet, January 12 2010.
-WOZNY, Nancy, Jonah Bokaer :moving toward an embodied technology, Contact Quaterly, vol.35, no2, Summer 2010. Pp7-15.
-Autour de Merce Cunningham. REPLICA, Festival de danse et des arts multiples de Marseille, Juin/Juillet 2010, pp.76-79.
-LEVIN, Jordan, A performance sold by space, not volume, The Miami Herald, Friday November 12, 2010. P.20G.
-KEITH, Kelsey, Interview : Snarkitecture, Architizer, October 29th 2010.
-NGUYEN, Betty, Daniel Arsham, First Person, The Art Insider, Issue 4, Summer 2010.
-ZHONG, Fan, Daniel Arsham Is in Merces Mercy, Interview Magazine, March 2009.
-Anomalies (paintings and sculpture 2006-2007.Daniel Arsham, Succour, Issue Nine, Spring/Summer 2009, pp.32-40.
-DUPONCHELLE, Valerie, DE ROCHEBOUET, Beatrice, Les jeunes artistes, sang neuf de la FIAC, Le Figaro, samedi 24 dimanche 25 octobre 2009, p.30.
-DE PUY, Geraldine, Making Moves, Ocean Drive , December 2009, p.94.
-REITER, Susan, Out of Site. Lower Manhattan Cultural Council brings dance Downtown, New York Press, June 30th 2009.
-ASHMAN, Angela, Built to Last, The Village Voice, vol.LIV, no27,July 1-7, ,2009.
-KOURLAS, Gia, Off the Wall, Time Out New York, Issue 718, July 2009.
-MILZOFF, Rebecca, TickTock, New York Magazine, December 14th 2009
-AT LARGE : Daniel Arsham, Artlurker, May 4th, 2009.
-DOUGLAS, Sarah, Dance with White Cube, artinfo, December 17th 2009.
-GRAU, Donatien, Le Pierrot de lart, Transfuge, no23, October 2008.
-TSCHIDA, Anne, "Pretzel Logic", Miami Luxury Magazine, November 2008, p.192.
-Poder (enterprise), August, 2008
-FASOLINO, Elizabeth, "The Miami Gang of Four", The East Hampton Star, July 15 2008
-"Various kinds of possibilities Daniel Arsham meets Merce Cunningham", Uovo, January/March, 2008.
-SHARKEY, Alix, "The new art nexus", Ocean Drive, December, 2007.
-SHARKEY, Alix, "Daniel Arsham. Making Art With His Divine Interventions", Ocean Drive, November 2007, pp.266, 268, 270.
-CHANG, Daniel, Choregrapher, artist produce creative fusion, The Miami Herald, February, 2007.
-SOKOL, Brett, No airs, plenty of savy, at gallery, The Miami Herald, June 3, 2007.
-SOKOL, Brett, Gallery walk keeps growing and growing, The Miami Herald, May 11, 2007.
-Stairway to Heaven, Visionaire, Spring 2007.
-Art Scene, Crystal Lized, Spring/Summer, Issue 8 2007.
-FLORIDA, April, 2007.
-Faces of Design, InsideOut, March/April 2007.
-TURNER, Elisa, Critics Pick, ARTnews, Vol 106, n03, March 2007, p.168.
Agenda: Exhibitions, Culture & Travel, February/March 2007.
-LONG, April, Architecture of Dreams, Nylon , February 2007, pp.92-93.
-CHANG, Daniel, Artists newsprint brings Basel to you , The Miami Herald, July 12, 2007.
-CHANG, Daniel, Setting the Stage, The Miami Herald/Tropical Life, February 19, 2007, pp.8-9.
-SPENCE, Rebecca, Reaching New Tights, ARTnews, January 2007, p.28.
-"Daniel Arsham on Merce Cunningham", Modern Painters, December 2006/January 2007.
-MORENO, Gean, Miami, Contemporary, n°86, 2006.
-BURRICHTER, Felix, Miami, PIN-UP, Issue 1, Fall 2006, pp.26-33.
-a family affair. ART+AUCTION, November 2006
-BATES, Anna, Icon, August, 2006
-TURNER, Elisa, Critics Pick, The Miami Herald, July 7, 2006.
-CHANG, Daniel and TURNER, Elisa, Hometown artist tapped for renown, The Miami Herald, July 26th 2006
-LACK, Jessica, Daniel Arsham, i-D, no 265, April 2006.
-TURNER, Elisa. "Artists Gather Before Wrecking Ball Hits", The Miami Herald. June 11, 2004.
-TSCHIDA, Anne. Clearing House", The Street, June 10, 2004.
-TURNER, Elisa. "SALT Collective", The Miami Herald, February 29, 2004.
-DUPUY, Pascal. Miami S'Expose", French Elle, February, 2004.
-TRIFF, Alfredo. Homegrown Style", Miami NewTimes, January, 2004.
-SOMMEREYNS, Omar. Teen Angst Redux", The Street, May 14, 2004.
-EINSPRUCH, Franklin. Art By District", Miami New Times, June 26, 2003.
-OCANA, Damarys. "A Place of Their Own", The Street, October 31, 2003.
-FEINSTEIN, Roni. "Report from Miami, Expanding Horizons, December, 2003.
-TURNER, Elisa. "Out of this World", The Miami Herald, June, 2003.
-TURNER, Elisa. Odd new forums showcase emerging artists, The Miami Herald, December 8, 2002.
-TSCHIDA, Anne. Art Burst", Miami NewTimes, August 29, 2002.
-OCANA, Damarys. "Art Pick, The Street, July, 2002.
-TRIFF, Alfredo. "What's in a Name", Miami New Times, July 11, 2002.
-TRIFF, Alfredo. Summer Fashion", Miami New Times, July 25, 2002.
-HARPER, Paula. "Report From Miami", Art in America, December 2001.
-VARGAS, Eugenio. The House", Art Nexus, December, 2001.
-TURNER, Elisa. "Gallery Reviews", The Miami Herald, December, 2001.
-THE CELEBRITY ART COLLECTION ECLIPSE, International Corporate Art, Miami, Oslo, London. April 2010. pp56-57.
-Revisiting the Glass House, published on the occasion of the exhibition Painting The Glass House: Artists Revisit Modern Architecture, organized by the Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum, March 9- July 27th 2008. The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum. pp 52-55.
-PROJECTIONS, Catalogue dexposition, Carré dArt- Musée dart contemporain de Nimes, October 13 2009- January 3 2010, Archibooks + Sauterau Editeur, Paris, 2009. pp 26-33.
-Miami Nice, Curated by George Lindemann, Galerie Emmanuel Perrotin, Miami Florida , 2004. pp.11; 14-19.